Monday, October 29, 2012

After a long absence

I haven't written in a while and I'm sure you can guess why. I have completely relapsed, to the deepest depths of my eating disorder. Lower than I ever thought possible.

I am writing tonight because something amazing is about to happen to jolt me back into my safe world of recovery. A social worker at Walden believes that I qualify for inpatient care. For many, this is a point of major distress; but not for me. I don't know exactly what brought me to this scary point, but I know that I absolutely want out.

For the past two months, I have been in a Partial Hospitalization Program in Hartford, Connecticut. As all eating disorder programs, you only get what you put in. Not to say that I didn't learn some valuable lessons from the Institute. I took away from the program, a new understanding of nutrition and the value of food; but I did not learn how to stop myself from engaging in behaviors.

Upon my discharge, I took upon myself to seek a higher level of care. Once this hurricane lets up, I hope to be safe in Massachusetts, learning how to rid myself of this horrible illness.

I do not want to die. I do want to recover. I just need more support to get myself there.

Please don't lose hope. There is fight left in all of us. I know we can do this.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I know we haven't talked in some time but I just had to say that it really takes a lot for a person to face their problems head the way you do. You are a strong, intelligent, and beautiful woman who has so much to live for; don't ever think anything less of yourself. I wish you the best of luck with your new program. you CAN beat this! and If you ever need a friend to talk to don't hesitate to call or text me.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. face their problems head-on* woops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for really trying hard to recover from that eating disorder. For some people, the first time to be in an ED program can be stressful and emotional. But, it is good that you took the matter seriously and determined to change your life. I do hope all your efforts would help you recover quickly. Well, after hearing your story, I bet you’d soon find yourself free from ED.


    @Eunice Jackson

    ReplyDelete